Sunday, October 7, 2012

How long will I be in grad school?

Got a meeting with my advisor on Monday and should be getting all the the inside scoop on what exactly the Eastern Mich SLP grad program will entail.  The big question on my mind right now is whether I will be graduating in August 2014 like I thought or will it be December 2014 like some of my other classmates with an SLP bachelors.  From what I have seen, most programs across the country are 5 semesters.  Eastern is 5~8 semesters depending on whether you are coming in without a comm. dis. undergrad, you have a comm. dis. degree from Eastern or you do have an undergrad in SLP from another school, but you may be lacking in a few important classes.  Since clinic doesn’t start until the 3rd semester at Eastern and I didn’t take a fluency class nor a voice disorders class (like another classmate), it’s looking like I will be at Eastern for 7 semesters.  Will know for sure on Monday…  

No comments:

Post a Comment