Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pediatric placement

It’s still a long way away, but I already have an idea where I want to do my pediatric placement for my last semester of grad school in SLP.  I’m looking into working with children with cancer and mentioned it to my advisor yesterday as a possibility.  He has a placement in mind, which he said that this particular placement has a very rigorous interview process so I will have to start a year in advance.  If I am still leaning towards this kind of placement, I will start the application process Fall 2013 so I can be (hopefully) placed by Fall 2014.  Even if I don’t get it, it will definitely be a great learning experience just applying for it.  
Did a search online to see what would come up for pediatric cancer and SLP, and there isn’t a whole lot of information out there.  Here’s what I found so far:



And found this book, which I ordered today:
Communication Disorders in Childhood Cancer

It’s older but might be a good place to start!


No comments:

Post a Comment