Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Summer '13 and Fall '13

Signed up for classes today and I'm already excited to dive into all new stuff!! The first half of Summer I am taking Dysphagia and Motor Speech Disorders. In the Fall I'm taking Acquired Neurogenic Communication Disorders and Fluency Disorders.

I am also supposed to take Clinic I over the whole Summer semester, but now it looks like I will be taking it in the Fall instead. It's the only class I haven't signed up for yet and I will find out for sure on Monday if I am taking it this Summer or if I am taking it in the Fall. Taking it in the Fall won't affect my graduation date and though I can't wait to dive right into clinic and get a client (or two!), at the same time it would be soooo nice to have half of the summer off. Kind of a last big break before pushing through to the end. **UPDATE - I'm definitely taking Clinic I in the Fall so that means I will have the second half of the summer OFF! I will be
working, but I hope to take a couple of road-trips this summer too. :)

Just over a month left this semester!

Random bits and pieces -
I passed the CRT (clinical readiness test) with flying colors! Woot!

My first audiometrics exam, however, definitely was not a grade to be proud of but I can recover from it.

The day I observed an aphasia treatment session in Royal Oak, I also observed a diagnostic at the Autism Collaborative Center (ACC) at Eastern Mich. That was a GREAT day. :)

I found out that I could possibly get a client at the ACC and complete some of my clinic hours there during Clinic II. I will find out more about this on Monday.

Also this coming Monday I (as well as 2 classmates) will be going about an hour north of Ypsi to a first grade class to give a presentation on hearing conservation. This will either be really, really fun or... ?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment